SENSEI JAS BHACHU
Ikkyu (Senior Primary Trainer)
Sensei Bhachu began his studies of Jiu Jitsu at York Town Jitsu Club at the age of thirteen under the instruction of Sensei Graham Smith. When the club passed to Sensei Stephen Millard Jas continued his study of Jiu Jitsu and graded to senior brown belt (ikkyu) at the age of eighteen.
Soon after Jas left York to study at John Moore's University in Liverpool and studied under Sensei Tom West and Sensei Libby Burn. In September 2007 Jas was appointed the lead instructor for JMU Jitsu Club and was made an acting primary instructor.
In 2008 Sensei Bhachu was graded to Shodan and continues to teach JMU Jitsu Club. Out of term time Sensei Bhachu often attends YTJC continuing his teaching and study of Jitsu.
Appointments & Memberships
- Lead instructor JMUJC (since 2007).
- Sports Coach UK Member.
- Qualifications & Courses.
- TJF Teaching Mandate (since 2007).
- TJF Instructor - Club Instructor Level.
- TJF Instructor - Instructor Level.
- TJF Instructor - Assistant Instructor.
- TJF First Aider (November 2002 onwards).